If they can't get a little love in Kansas City - no bastion of liberalism - then they probably can't get any love at all. My heart swelled with hope as I read the "Letters to the Editor" today in the KC Star. Two letters were printed that take the offensive PfA ads to task.
There is a highly irresponsible and disturbing commercial being aired nationally, including in Missouri, It comes from an issue advocacy group called Progress for America, and it features - among other things - alarming and extreme dialogue propagating irrational fear, misinformation that erroniously links the Sept. 11 attacks to the war in Iraq, and overly emotive voiceover claiming that "terrorists want to kill you," as well as graphic footage of aircraft hitting the World Trade Center on Sept. 11
I don't like being lied to, and like most people, I don't care to see those images over and over again in an ad. They are ingrained in all our minds, and none of us will ever forget them.I will contact every channel on which that spot is aired and express my disgust and disappointment that they would broadcast something do attrocious.
These commercials use fear and paranoia to spread their message. If they succeed in doing so, the terrorists will have won.
Embarassed by tactic
Boogeyman will get you!
The conservative group Progress for America, established in 2001 to support George W. Bush and operated by Tony Feather, former politica director of the Bush-Cheney 2000 campaign, has sunk to a new low. Ronald reagan must be spinning in his grave.
a 30-second montage of the burning towers, bagged bodies, terrorists training, shouting and brandishing weapons fills the TV screen as the PFA-paid commercial attempts to instill fear in the hearts of American voters.
As a Reagan Republican, I'm ashamed at this blatant and viscious political tactic. Shame on your house!
I just figured that I should shine a light on reason on our letters page, since I took an idiot to the woodshed Sunday.
Maybe hope is not lost afterall.