Since there is no Diebold machine at my kitchen table, I took the step today to cast my ballot absentee, and if you are a true opponent of election fraud, I encourage you to do the same thing. I will continue to vote absentee as long as electronic voting is used in my county of residence.
I encourage Secretary of State Robin Carnahan to follow the lead of Colorado and file a lawsuit challenging the legality of voting machines and demand a return to paper ballots. While fraud is possible with paper ballots, it is a hell of a lot more difficult than sticking in a few lines of code. I wouldn't even trust Diebold machines if my county elections commissioner held a PhD in Computer Science and Information Technology.
I encourage you to pick up the phone and flood your county election board with calls demanding absentee ballots and refuse to cast a vote on a Diebold machine. There are too many problems with electronic voting to risk our hard-won rights to one company with overtly expressed interests in seeing Publicans elected.
I say this now...I will never cast a ballot in any election on a Diebold machine. The problems are too many, to great and to biased toward one political party for me to trust our democratic process to that company.
It is your country, it is your right. Exercise it.