The senior Senator from Missouri - my senior Senator - today came out against climate change legislation because Missouri gets a lot of our electricity from coal powered plants.
He apparently doesn't understand that we are all in this together, and we need to suck it up and deal. I realize that Aquila and Ameren are big campaign contributors, but damn! Time for sober assessment and to put away selfishness. Missouri isn't alone on the globe. Global Warming and Global Climate Change are the biggest threats to we face, and represent the only force that can truly destroy Western Civilization.
It is time to deal with reality, because reality is already dealing with us.
(I'll post the link as soon as NPR makes the audio and the transcript available. I'm still researching this story, and if warranted, I will post further and in greater detail about the topic at Watching Those We Chose.)