Sunday, December 24, 2006

I consider myself the oversight's oversight

Here is the text of the letter I sent to Senator Levin and Congressman Skelton. Feel free to use any part of it, or use it in it's entirety if you so choose. I don't care whose words you use to contact the Chairmen, just contact them.
I am sending you this email because you now represent every last one of us in your postion as Chairman of the Armed Services Committee, whether you appear on my ballot or not. I take the Armed Services Committee seriously, and watch it closely.

I consider myself the oversight's oversight.

That said; please put a stop to this nonsense of a troop buildup. Escalation of hostilities is escalation of hostilities, no matter what you call it. I never thought one person could do so much damage to a country as strong as America, but I was wrong. Six years of Bush with a feckless House and a compromised Senate doing no oversight has brought our nation to the brink of disaster and I simply can't abide it. Bring him to heel. NOW. Before 3000 Americans die in six months.

Northern Ireland didn't get to where they are because the British military's tanks in the streets of Belfast were such a smashing success at routing out and crushing the IRA. They got to this (still imperfect) point when the politicians took over. I'm ready to try that.

Respectfully;
BG,RS
UPDATE: As is my wont I clicked my own links. You may have problems getting an email to Congressman Skelton until the web sites update at the start of the new congress. I left the link up for the few readers I know about in the MO-04. I sent my email through other channels, but don't be discouraged. Contact his office by call or fax. Those aren't zip-code restricted.