We are in control. We have subpoena power.We have a mandate. The American people have spoken. They want change. They feel that this administration, along with a complicit, rubber-stamp congress have led us down the primrose path, and damned near over a cliff. We voted to change direction.
We issued a stinging rebuke to this president and the policies of fear and failure. We took back our country.
This is the most important election of my lifetime, and what I am feeling right now must be what other Democrats felt in 1992. I too voted for Bill Clinton, but I did so via absentee ballot from Germany, and mailed in the ballot three weeks before the election. I didn't get the news of the returns the same day. Yeah, my guy won, but I was disconnected from the process.
That kinda puts a little perspective on why I've been so obsessed with this election, doesn't it? 2006 is my 1992.
Patriots have always been a force to be reckoned with all throughout American history. We established this nation by throwing off monarchy and unequal rule and inadequate representation. Patriots do not bend to oligarchy; instead we rise up against it. And we did just that yesterday. We threw off the yoke of Bush imperialism and reasserted ourselves and out liberty. This is not the first time that Patriots have kicked the Redcoats out of our country.
We reminded those who govern that they do so at our pleasure, and we have the ability to take them to task. We did just that, with a 32 seat pick-up in the house (so far) and quite possibly control of the Senate as well.
Nothing in the world is more powerful than the ballot box. We just reminded ourselves of that, before it was too late. We must never allow this nation to be brought so low again.