I was just going to comment, but then I decided a short post of it's own was merited. There are a lot of misconceptions about recruiters. First of all, nobody wants to be one. You get assigned to be a recruiter, nobody asks for the job. You are a salesman and you have to make quota. If you don't you catch hell. So a lot of recruiters have broken the rules lately, and this has been well documented.
I made a complaint against a recruiter recently because I stood and listened to him lie to an inner-city community college student about the war in Iraq being over, nobody was going there anymore, and he could personally guarantee that the kid would spen his entire enlistment in Hawaii. This was flat-out dishonest.
Of course, I interceded and gave the kid a copy of something I wrote 18 months ago. The Quakers have a good list of things to consider before enlisting. I explain why, with a military perspective.
I also get two perspectives. I work at a Community College as an instructor and tutor, and I take graduate classes at a State U. The campus of my University bumps up against the campus of the Jesuit school my son attended. I never see recruiters at the U's, only at the CC. I'm both places I see with my own eyes.
Speaking of school - I gotta get there.
Read the Link!!!