Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Playing Calvinball

Face it. The Bush administration is playing Calvinball. Not just in Iraq. In general.

In Calvinball the only rule that really matters is - there are no hard and fast rules. They change constantly. Well, except for the part about you always have to wear the mask...

Other kids games are such a bore -
they gotta have rules and they gotta keep score -
But Calvinball is better by far! -
It's never the same! It's always bizarre!

Sort of an uncomfortable kind of funny, isn't it? As much as I love Calvin and Hobbes, these are not the qualities I look for in diplomatic relations or in the prosecution of a war. Moving goalpoasts are not what comes to mind when normal people think about a practical and workable foreign policy.

Chuck Hagel said it last spring. They are just making it all up as they go along. They have moved from one fiasco to anotherwith no consideration to the consequences of their actions. See, what you gotta understand, is these guys are morons, see. They can't be trusted with the T.V. remote, see. Let alone the "Football," see. They would, see, they would forge ahead and start yet another land war in Asia, see. (I'm channeling aWol, in case anyone thought I was having an attack of keyboard echolalia.)

I am just grateful the wheels came off the bus when they did, rather than eight weeks later.

Are people awake yet? Class starts in 15 minutes. The final is November 7th.