In the most dramatic election-year flip-flop to date, Texas Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison has sought cover from the maladies of being associated with Bush, Senator Hutchison has paradoxically started singing the praises of President Clinton's Balkan strategy. Ironically, Hutchison once bitterly opposed Clintons intervention in the Balkans. She said something completely different in a U.S. Senate Floor Statement of March 22, 1999.
Hutchinson is facing a tough reelectin battle in Texas, and she is throwign George under the bus. This from one of his most loyal supporters: "If I had known then what I know now about the weapons of mass destruction, which was a key reason that I voted to go in there, I would not vote to go into Iraq the way we did" Hutchison said.
This on the heals of the RNC abandoning Senate races in Montana, Pennsylvania, Ohio and New Jersey in order to pump money into races in Tennessee, Virginia and Missouri. They are grasping at a 51-seat senate, they know the majority they have enjoyed is gone, indeed the majority may change. This is a very real possibility.
Anything that you can contribute to help Claire McCaskill and Harold Ford, would be greatly appreciated as they face down the final 18 days of the race at an advertising disadvantage. The Publicans are makeing every scurilous accusation they can think of. These candidates can make a difference. If you can help them restore balance to the system, please do so.
Neither of them will be afraid to stand up and say "What part of co-equal branches of government don't you understand?"