Friday, September 29, 2006

How Craven is This?

Peter Roskam, running for the House seat long held by Representative Henry Hyde (IL-6th) accused his Democratic opponent, Tammy Duckworth, of planning to "cut and run" on Iraq.

That's really rich, seeing as how Tammy Duckworth - make that Major Tammy Duckworth - can't run - because she left her legs in Iraq after the helicopter she was piloting was hit by a rocket propelled grenade. "I just could not believe he would say that to me," said Duckworth.

I wish I could say "None of us can, Major." But I can't - it is about what I expect from the feckless thugs of the Grand Oil Party.

Updated at 9:30 p.m.: Major Tammy Duckworth will give the Democratic response to the Presidents Saturday address tomorrow.

Here is a brief excerpt:
Anyone who challenges your failed policies, or suggests the need for a new strategy, is accused of “cutting and running.” Well, I didn’t cut and run, Mr. President. Like so many others, I proudly fought and sacrificed. My helicopter was shot down long after you proclaimed "Mission Accomplished."

These are bullies who never learned the lesson - never pick a fight with someone who will fight back. And Major Duckworth, trained as a soldier, is indeed fighting back. We salute you, Major Duckworth, and wish you electoral success.