A couple of days ago I took exception with the recall of the ready reserves and the “back door draft.” I got a couple of nasty foam-flecked emails from folks who allowed that I am a weenie and a terrorist mollifier. Of course, they didn’t even have the balls to post their comments in the public forum, they emailed their ravings directly to me. Apparently I “know nothing about the military or national defense” and I should be “hung with a new rope for treason against this country.” Oh, and apparently I am a liar. I have never set foot on a military installation according to the emails I received. (Wonder who that is that gets saluted every time she drives through the gate at Whiteman AFB or Fort Leavenworth?)
Pretty bold talk for a one eyed fat man, as Robert DuVall might say.
Well, “Thank God for W” and “Liberals Suck” (original handles, those) the United States Army is in agreement with me on this one, you feckless worms. The following is a quote from an editorial in the Army Times: “If Congress and the White House do not want to expend what is necessary to support America’s current global role, then policy should shift toward an isolationist stance, which is all the declining force levels can support.”
Is the author of that passage a pacifist weenie and a terrorist mollifier as well?