Wednesday, July 19, 2006

An Open Letter to Missourians from Claire McCaskill

I found this on the Fired Up Missouri web site and thought it bore reposting here. There is indeed a reason that here in Missouri we say "Claire has Class!"

An open letter to my supporters:

I have an important request for all of
you. This race will be close and it
appears that it may get nasty. I
respectfully ask that none of you ever post to
any blog anything that could
be considered personal or negative about Jim
Talent’s wife, Brenda, or his
children. After reading a very ugly, unfair, and
untrue post on a Republican
blog this morning, I decided that it was important
that I speak out to all
of those who want us to win in November. No election is
worth this, and I
believe that we need to set an example. As tempting as it
might be,
especially in the anonymous world of the web, to get down in the mud
with
them, I hope we can all resist the temptation. Please. It’s important. No
candidate should ever have to have the discussion I had with my 14 year old
daughter this morning after she read it and began asking questions. Let’s
win
this thing the old fashioned way….with great ideas, hard work, and good
manners.
Thank you all.