Thursday, October 06, 2005

The Nine "Nay's of Shame"

I don't know what the hell these guys are thinking! Apparently, they aren't. I have already called Senator Bond's office and let it be known that unless he back-pedals immediately on his support of the "torture bill" I will be working as hard as I possibly can to unseat him the next time he stands for election. I have also informed the University of Missouri that if they persist in naming a building on campus after him, they can take me off of the alumni-donors list, they will never get another dime.

If one of the following senators represents you, call him right now and make your opinion known. If we stoop to condoning torture, all bets are off when our personnel are captured.

These Senators condone torture-on the record-really!

Wayne Allard - Colorado
Kit Bond - Missouri
Tom Coburn - Oklahoma
Thad Cochran - Mississippi
John Cornyn - Texas
James Inhofe - Oklahoma
Pat Roberts - Kansas
Jeff Sessions - Alabama
Ted Stevens - Alaska
from MyDD

Ask any real military intelligence person, and you will find that they are against the use of torture, and they will tell you that they don't need to torture anyone to do their job. This is outrageous, and with this bill, we appear to be one step closer to starting the frog-march toward fascism. I hate to say it, but the signs are pointing that direction. If I wasn't an atheist (you know us heathen scientists!) I would say "God help us all!" but since I am a heathen/hedonist/scientist/atheist, let me say this instead...We need to pull our collective head out of the proverbial sand and start calling our elected representatives and threatening their job security if they persist in this foolishness.