I would suggest that he trot is little ass outside and take a gander at the capitol building and riddle me this: Crane that stiff patrician neck up a bit, and look at the flags flying on the concourse, and tell me, which one flies the highest? The Stars and Stripes, that's right.
This was a bullshit case from the get-go. Nixon, a Democrat with gubernatorial asperations, pushed the issue to get his name known among the bible thumpers, plain and simple. He wants them to remember that he tried to save the poor inmate baby that the big evil federal gov'mint killed, in spite of his best efforts.
This tactic gives the weasle Nixon a "blame the feds out" and I find that objectionable and hypocritical at best.This Just In: According to Fox-4 local news here in KC, the inmate is back in her cell tonight (10/22) after undergoing the procedure yesterday.
But here is my big problem with this: Are States Rights always the rallying cry, or only when it's convenient? After all, that is Missouri's objection . Matt Blunt threw his tantrum, proclaiming that "Activist Judges" on the federal judiciary and the Supreme Court had given Missouri a collective bird.
But ask the same conservative Christians who wanted to save the poor little inmate baby, and they are 100% behind the efforts of the feds to overturn Oregon's "Death With Dignity" law. States rights? No, no, you misunderstood...
I spent a lot of time on the phone today, trying to get a usable quote from someone...anyone ...at Blunts office to answer my questions, and believe me I have a whole gaggle of 'em...And at the Secretary of States Office, the Auditors office, the Administration office, the highway patrol....."Don't take this one sarge...It's from 816 and they're downright LIBERAL over thre."
I have detailed notes, timed and dated, high-lighted, and names spelled out in bold stroke. I'm just waiting to be called to testify! I will whip out a Kevin Drum worthy chart, and expound into a statistics lecture. I paid $68 K for college, and while it is requisite for my job, this is the only place it is appreciated!