Every winter, I get Cabin Fever and have to go soak up some sun.
This year, we are going to go to Mardi Gras as a show of support, and we were going to meet up with our daughter and son-in-law and our grand-daughter who will be two by then, and go to Disney World. That was my favorite vacation spot as a kid, and I wanted to take her there.
That will not be happening as long as the new "Deadly Force" law is on the books. (Sorry Liberal Hillbilly. It might have been fun to have a beer with you. Guess you'll just have to come back to KC for a visit for that to happen.)
I read the law, and it sounded to me like you could drive a truck through the escape hatch for murder. All a person has to say is "I felt threatened" and shooting/deadly force are permitted.
I can't see anything good coming from this. Except I whacked about $3500 off my winter vacation pricetag. And as for Disney World? It will still be there when a new governor with some sense is in office and they can get it off the books. Or we will just go to Disney Land another time, even though I like Orlando better than Anaheim.